I should have mentioned in the blog entry below - yes I got a refund on all the dead birds :) The last little keet is still alive and in the garage until his big kid feathers can keep him warm outside.
You know, raising little birds is really not as "cute" as it might seem - it's kind of a pain to keep a heat lamp on them all the time. We did find a home for the extra chicks that were sent in the shipment - I had my little girl hold a box on her lap labeled "FREE CHICKS" and I pushed her around the county fair in a stroller. It was really quite a funny site. The chicks had homes within ten minutes - which proves that you can get rid of almost anything if you put a sign on it that says FREE.
No comments:
Post a Comment