Tuesday, March 10, 2009

attack bird

Many of you are familiar with "the wierd bird" we have at our home. Our friendship with the bird began last summer when my batch of guinea fowl were delivered by mail. I pumped the little keets full of tlc but sadly only one survived. It's quite fitting that the only survivor has turned out to be quite a fighter. Saying that the bird can take care of itself is a bit of an understatement. The other day I saw an encounter between the bird and our big, bad, german shepherd...

Now I believe all the things I read about these birds attacking and killing snakes! My garden bugs will have no defense against this attack...sweet.

p.s. Wondering what the "we love wierd birds" is doing chalked on our deck? That is the spot the bird likes to sit and gawk at it's own reflection in the glass door. The kids and I were just being silly with the chalk one day.

No comments: