Wednesday, May 6, 2009

midnight rodeo

If you grew up around animals, the following phrase may make you curse out loud...

"THE COWS ARE OUT!!"

However, to a city born slicker like myself, those words get the adrenaline pumping like a fire station's firebell.

Our herd of heifers made their maiden voyage across our front lawn the other night. We had been building corrals and left a gate open. I was half asleep and didn't compute the loud moo-ing I heard rather close to the window. My husband gasped out loud and knew right away what was going on. He whined a little and calmly made his way outside. Of course I beat him out there and was already running around like a giddy school girl.

Seeing a spazoid woman running around with a giant spotlight didn't really calm the cows down, so they stampeded around the house awhile before we herded them back into their pen. The midnight laps around the house were more exciting than a rodeo! I even talked my husband into snagging a straggler with his lariat rope. Wowzers, what an exciting night for one of us anyway.

Hmmmm, it would be terrible if the cows "accidentally" got out again!



No comments: