What do you call a goat that's floating on the water?...Billy Bob
So right now we are renting a "billy goat" (I use quotes because the word billy is sometimes frowned on in the goat community) We're hoping he will get frisky with our goat girls and in 5 months...voila...kids. One sniff of our rent-a-daddy and you would understand why we rent instead of own. PeeeeUuuuuu!! I gag when I'm out doing chores and the wind comes at me just right. Bucks have a really strong smell that helps send the does into heat. One of the reasons they stink so much is that they pee on their own goatees....the ladies must dig it...yuck again. I was lucky enough to witness it within 5 minutes of our goats introductions.
Last year we did purchase a buck, Tuffy, from a very kind neighbor. We got a deal on him because he was recovering from a dog attack. He was one sad sight, but we were assured he could "do the job." Well, he killed over mid winter, poor guy. "At least he went out well," we thought. Five months later I was expecting kids. Apparently Tuffy did NOT get the job done. Shucks.
...and a few more lame goat jokes for the road:
What do you call a goat that isn't moving...Billy Idle
What do you call a goat that lip-syncs?...Billy Vanilli.
What do you call a goat that is a professional comedian?...Billy the Kid

No comments:
Post a Comment