Awhile back I saw an article in the Ensign about volunteering to index names off of historical documents so that anyone can search thier ancestors on the LDS family search website. Well I downloaded the software the other day and have been busy here and there indexing names. I love it because I can spend as little time as a minute on it at any given time (moms with toddlers will understand why this is great). Last week I indexed names from Alabama's slave records -- very interesting because no names were given for the slaves--only age, gender, and race. Each was listed under the owner, the little babies all the way up to 97 year old men and women. I also indexed some of the towns near our last home in Wisconsin. A group of names belonged to a deputy's family and 6 prisoners he was holding.
If you want to volunteer and spend your time online for a good cause, check out:
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment