Thursday, April 3, 2008

American Idol Poll

So I'm a little surprised and sort of embarrassed that I am the only one that votes like crazy for my favorite American Idols! As of today, I am the only one of 19 voters that calls in regularly and one of 5 that even votes at all.

Does everyone DVR the show or something? Maybe I'm the only one without a real life so I spend 15 minutes after I put the kids to bed hitting redial over and over. Seriously, I hope all you blog stalkers don't demonstrate the same apathy in the presidential vote this November!

I should explain that where I live we only get 3 stations on our antennae, and Fox is the only channel that comes in without fuzzies. I am anti-cable in order to protect myself from becoming a tv-junkie, so we don't see a lot of interesting stuff on tv. Maybe the fact that there aren't too many other shows on is what prompts me to vote each week? I guess AI is kind of like my little indulgence. Here's my opinion since I have already revealed how pathetic I can be:



If I had only one vote, it would go to David Archuleta. I can't see him changing too much if he does win and I like how he seems gets uncomfortable with all the hype. I like his humility and I love his voice. His style reminds me a bit of Josh Groban and he gives hope that there are still good kids our there that want to make a difference and not just make a million. Overall he's got the talent AND is worthy to represent as an "idol".

Carly Smithson has the best female voice (or as my daughter calls her, the girl with ink on her arm that won't wash off). When the season started I didn't get what the hype was about her but now I'm won over and think she has the greatest "diva" voice. I think with some more experience she can give Celine a run for her money. With that said, I am a little sick of divas after watching for 6 seasons, which leads me to...


Brooke White. I think she should have been cast for the movie, Enchanted. Can't you picture her singing something sweet, then all the little birds and animals come out onto stage and land in her arms? People fault her for being too nice, but phooey to all of them. I like her because her style is different - she might not have the vocals (yo dawg) that Carly does, but what she lacks in range she makes up for in creative performance. She's more of a real artist than most of the contestants on the show, which is fun to see.

With all that said, WHO IS YOUR FAVORITE?
I invite ALL OF YOU blog stalkers to leave a comment and let us know who gets your vote.

No comments: