So I guess I'm not what you would call a consistent blogger. It probably has a lot to do with the weather outside. Anyway, a quick update on our whirlwind days and weekends. Being the "do it yourself" freaks we are, we have about a gazillion projects going on - rocking the house, landscaping, sprinklers, grass, fencing the pasture, replanting the pasture, tilling a garden spot, building garden boxes, planting the garden, painting my kitchen, drywalling, caring for all the new farm creatures (just to name a handful).
Here's some picts of the temporary coop we built and one of my experimental square foot gardens (built with 100% girl power). Hopefully it will be a lush garden in a few weeks.
Here's some picts of the temporary coop we built and one of my experimental square foot gardens (built with 100% girl power). Hopefully it will be a lush garden in a few weeks. 
See my blog post "everything I need to know I learned from my garden" for more info
Yes, the animals are doing well. The ducks are sure stinkier than I expected, but very cute. It's quite a stress reliever to watch them waddle around. One of our baby chicks got pecked to death by a hen and another had a huge hole pecked in her back (but she's a champ and is pulling through). I quickly learned that you don't mix chicks and grown hens - I cried about it all night. Our goats are sure friendly and sweet and are more pleasant than we expected...man, can they jump! However, the poor things are ALWAYS getting their horns stuck in the fence so they're scheduled for a dehorning at the vet.
Anyways, I'll be in and out over the next little while. Check in from time to time to read up on our latest adventures.
No comments:
Post a Comment