This is Ben. He's a cow in the movie, Barnyard. Ben has a cow son named Otis, and the two of them are the leaders in the barnyard. They are in charge of keeping all the other farm animals safe from the coyotes. I realize there are obvious fallacies with talking cows, but can you identify something else misleading about Ben and Otis?----------------------------------------------------------------------
Yes, obvious to most of you, our boy Ben here on the left has the wrong anatomy. Perhaps the movie producers blushed at the thought of animating the correct body parts? But gosh, I feel like all those city kids need an accurate education.
FYI for all you city slickers:
bull - full package male used for breeding and rodeos, no udder
steer - snip snip male used for hamburger, no udder, no package
heifer - female before having babies, no milk, not a prominent udder
cow - female after having babies, milk producer, prominent udder
if you didn't already know this stuff, don't feel bad. I had to learn it too!
No comments:
Post a Comment